Barooga residents allowed to get supplies in Cobram

By Cobram Courier

Update 4.20pm 

Service NSW has confirmed a new permit will be made available for people in some NSW communities to access supplies and services in Cobram. 

"Residents will soon be able to apply for a Remote Community Resident Permit to obtain essential goods and services in selected cross-border communities on the Service NSW website," a Service NSW spokesperson said.


THE NSW Government will allow some NSW communities access to Cobram for supplies and services.

People in Barooga and Tocumwal will now be able to cross the river for essential goods and services.

This includes “food, fuel, hygiene products or disability support services, necessary to enable the person to live safely and maintain their health from their usual source of supply”, a Facebook post from Member for Farrer Sussan Ley said.

More to come... 

More local news 

Test for COVID-19 in Cobram-Barooga

Residents can now reapply for border permits