Quick and easy recipes are always handy — and when they include pork, who can resist?
Next time you are looking for a delicious meal that takes only minutes to prepare, why not try one of these recipes from Australian Pork?
One Pot Caramelized BBQ Pork Chops with Sweet Apple
4 pork loin chops (250g each)
Oil for brushing
4 small red apples, sliced thickly
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup barbecue sauce
1 cup water or apple juice
1. Brush each chop on both sides with a little oil.
2. Place the pork chops onto a pre-heated griddle pan and brown well on both sides for 2-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In a large deep frying pan or pot, melt butter over a medium heat, add the apple slices and brown each slice on both sides 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove apples and set aside.
5. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup to the pan and stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in barbecue sauce and water and bring to the boil, stirring.
6. Return the chops to the pan with the sliced apples and gently stir to coat the chops well with the sauce. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve with apples, mashed potatoes and vegetables, plus lashings of caramelised barbecue sauce.
Maple-glazed bacon & poached eggs on brioche
4 eggs at room temperature
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
6 rindless Australian bacon rashers, halved
1/3 cup store-bought hollandaise sauce
4 thick slices brioche bread, toasted
50g baby spinach leaves
1. To poach eggs, bring a large, deep frying pan of water to the boil over high heat. Break eggs into individual cups or small bowls.
2. When water comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and gently pour eggs into water.
3. Cover pan and stand for 8 minutes or until whites are set and yolks still soft.
4. Meanwhile, combine maple syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
5. Brush bacon with maple mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, brushing with remaining maple mixture when turning, until golden and crisp at the edges.
6. Place hollandaise sauce into a small heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until warmed.
7. Place toasted brioche onto serving plates. Spread each slice with hollandaise sauce, top with spinach leaves, bacon and a poached egg.
8. Season with pepper and salt and serve.