Packed with antioxidants, blueberries are considered a superfood.
So why not add some to the dishes and drinks you already love for a colourful, nutritional twist.
GRILLED SALMON WITH BLUEBERRY BALSAMIC SAUCE
1 tsp olive oil
2 x 150 g salmon fillet, skin on
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup (80 g) blueberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp butter
4 cups (500 g) green beans
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Fresh dill, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare a tray with baking paper.
2. Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil into a non-stick pan over a high heat. Place fish in, skin down. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until crisp.
4. Remove from pan and place skin side down onto prepared tray.
5. Drizzle with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and paprika.
6. Place the salmon in the oven for 15 minutes for medium.
7. In the meantime bring a medium-sized saucepan to the boil. Using a slotted spoon carefully lower in the beans and boil for 2 minutes before removing and immersing in a bowl of ice water.
8. Drain then finely julienne the green beans. Place in a mixing bowl and season with salt, olive oil, pomegranate seeds and dill.
9. Remove fish from oven and set aside. Meanwhile, place a small saucepan over a medium heat.
10. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by a third, then add the blueberries and maple syrup.
11. Cook for another minute, stir in the tbsp of butter and serve over salmon.
BLUEBERRY MOSCOW MULE
225 g (1/2 cup) fresh blueberries
110 ml (1/4 cup) lime juice
60 ml vodka
160 ml (2/3 cup) ginger beer
Blueberries, for garnish
Lime wedges, for garnish
1. Divide blueberries and lime juice between 2 glasses and using a drink muddler, lightly mash blueberries.
2. Fill each glass with crushed ice and equal amounts of the vodka. Top with ginger beer and garnish with additional blueberries and a lime wedge.