News

Fuse fire narrowly avoids “major incident”

By Corowa Free Press

A Wahgunyah house narrowly avoided a serious fire incident after a fuse box came alight and threatened to spread to the rest house.

Fire & Rescue NSW 268 Station Corowa was called over the border to support Wahgunyah CFA at the Wahgunyah residency on Friday morning.

The fuse box on the local house had caught fire, causing the fuses to melt.

“Luckily the residents rang 000 quickly and exhausted multiple fire extinguishers stopping the spread of fire to the house,” station captain Lindsay Bush said.

“This could have quite easily turned into a major incident, so well done to everyone involved to prevent this.”