The Sydney Thunder have launched an appeal over Thursday night's Big Bash blackout at the Gabba, asking Cricket Australia to give them two competition points for the clash against Brisbane.
The Thunder were left fuming after their defence of 187 was cut short at the end of three overs with the Heat 2-10, when a grid power outage sent part of the stadium into darkness and play was later abandoned.
Points were split at one each with the match declared a draw given the minimum of five overs had not been bowled in the second innings.
But the Thunder demanded on Friday night that be reconsidered, and them given two points - the equivalent of a win - given the issue occurred at the Heat's home ground.
"We felt it was important to complete the game and to do so we offered to only bowl our spinners," Thunder general manager Lee Germon said.
"We believe the match officials were incorrect in giving teams the option to play and feel the match should have continued as we believe the conditions were safe.
"We believe that the venue has the responsibility to provide floodlighting for the match, including the provision of a back-up power source.
"We have therefore asked Cricket Australia to award Sydney Thunder the two points for a win."
Internally, the Thunder are also understood to be pointing at the fact Victoria were all handed all six points against NSW when a Sheffield Shield match at the SCG was abandoned due to an unsafe outfield.
Cricket Australia (CA) confirmed on Friday night they had received the correspondence and that they would "review and reply in due course".
However the Thunder's protest may have already hit a roadblock, with no official appeals process in place for the BBL.
There are also no rules in place for venues to have a back-up power source, and fan engagement boss Anthony Everard insisted earlier on Friday the issue was out of the control of CA and the Heat.
Everard also stressed the umpires had decided there was not enough light for play to continue safely.
Regardless, it prompted concerns ahead of next week's pink-ball Test at the same ground against Sri Lanka, with CA already investigating why the outage occurred and to ensure no repeat issues.
"They should be (worried), you'd be hoping a ground like the Gabba has the infrastructure to cope with it," Thunder coach Shane Bond said.
"People want to see cricket, they don't turn up here to see officials making phone calls and not having the nuts to make a decision."
Meanwhile, both CA and the Heat offered all fans in attendance a ticket to next week's Test as compensation, while the Thunder said any travelling supporters would also have free entry into Tuesday's home clash with the Melbourne Renegades.