FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN: DAY 6
WHERE THE LEADERS CAMPAIGNED
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison: Geelong (Corangamite)
* Labor leader Bill Shorten: Adelaide (Boothby)
WHAT THE COALITION WANTED TO TALK ABOUT
Only the coalition can be trusted to protect retirees' incomes
WHAT LABOR WANTED TO TALK ABOUT:
Labor is best placed to protect and fund health services
WHAT MADE NEWS:
* Labor would spend $200 million to ensure free blood tests for older Australians and people living with cancer
* Notre Dame cathedral in Paris was ravaged by fire, with suggestions an Australian charity should be set up to help rebuild it
* Tony Abbott would return to the Liberal leadership, if it was an uncontested ballot
THEY SAID WHAT?
Reporter: "So, this effectively means that South Australia is shutting out other states from intrusion into the space space?"
Science Minister Karen Andrews: "The space space?"
@TurnbullMalcolm PM @ScottMorrisonMP & Oppn Leader @billshortenmp should today agree to establish an Australian fund to support the restoration of Notre Dame so that Australians can show their solidarity once again with the people of France.