Finally, Bryce Cartwright has had a lucky break at the Gold Coast Titans.
The ex-Penrith star is breathing a sigh of relief after being told he may only be sidelined for a week with a broken hand.
Cartwright's tough first year at the Titans appeared to go from bad to worse when he suffered the fracture in a Thursday training accident - an injury initially expected to sideline him for up to a month.
But Titans coach Garth Brennan says the 23-year-old will make a speedy recovery after successful hand surgery on Thursday night.
"It got operated on last night and the email (from the surgeon) said one to two weeks - it's a good outcome," he said.
"There's still plenty of football left this season for Bryce.
"If it was a six-to-eight-week injury it would be just about season over but as of Monday he can start passing the football so he won't lose too much fitness."
However it remains to be seen when Cartwright plays again.
He has been banished to reserve grade, missing their past two games after his defensive frailties were exposed.
Cartwright hasn't played for the Gold Coast since round 12 and had been expected to run out for Queensland Cup side Tweed Heads again this weekend.
Cartwright's future at the Titans appears up in the air after reports his management have gauged interest from other clubs.
Brennan said this week Cartwright was "welcome to explore his options elsewhere".
But Titans hooker Nathan Peats said on Thursday he hoped Cartwright saw out his four-year deal reportedly worth up to $3 million.
The 11th placed Gold Coast will try to stay in touch with the top eight when they take on Wests Tigers at a sold out Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.