Shepparton Country Fire Authority firefighters helped saved a coolstore off Grahamvale Rd from a grassfire at 2pm on Saturday.
The CFA was initially called for a smoke sighting, but the source of the smoke, a grassfire, was found and because of the proximity to a nearby packing shed, 11 firefighting vehicles attended, including the Shepparton-based heliattack aerial pumper.
The fire burnt through 1.5ha before being extinguished. Some parts of the packing shed were damaged, but not extensively.
CFA District 22 operations officer Pete Dedman said an electric pump overheating on a dam was believed to have caused the fire.